woensdag 25 juni 2014

Rome is always a good idea


      Last year I went to Rome with my best friend. I was super ill, but I still went, because I did not want to miss out on anything and I had been looking forward to this trip for months. I will now show you why Rome is alway a good idea, no matter what state you're in.




 I'm just going to let the picture speak for itself. We were offered prosecco on the house. I was sick and not allowed to drink, but come on! You cannot ever refuse free prosecco, right?
This pizza was so delicious, I'm still getting hungry by looking at it.


Fontana di Trevi is one of the most beautiful things you'll ever see. If you are able to pass all of the tourists who are taking photographs. Luckily, Iris and I succeeded. Iris even fell asleep in front of the fountain, can you believe it? I believe it is the most crowded place in Rome and she still manages to fall asleep.
 You're now looking at the inside of the amazing Colloseum, where gladiators used to slaughter each other. Don't feel any pity, these men were mostly prisoners who committed evil crimes or men who chose to be a gladiator. What's down there?
Yes, prisons.
I admit, it is not as pretty and impressing as the outside, but I was still impressed by the architecture and how good it still looks today.
 The one and only beautiful San Pietro Cathedral. Standing here was so amazing, because I had seen it on the new quite often. The other day we also saw the pope speaking here. We did not understand a thing he was saying, but we conformed it.
The pope is not only on television, he is real.
 This is me, being weird at the ancient Forum Romanum.
 The Trevi Fountain by night is even more crowded than it is by day. Beautiful, isn't it?
 Pantheon. 
 Ara Pacis.
Another reason to go to Rome! I had the sausage Napolitana and Iris ordered Gnocchi or something, but it was delicious.
 Pasta Genovese, the best pasta I ever tasted.
















Don't forget about the ice creams! Very delicious, a must-taste when you're there !

















I think I have given you enough reasons to go there.
So go pack your things now.
Go.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten